Saturday, October 14, 2006

Sinking Ship

On Thursday I went for lunch with some of my ex-colleagues. I was surprised and very happy by the big turn out. Some couldn't make it but we made other plans to meet up.

We sat and chat. Everybody was talking about different things at the same time that I couldn't really keep up! It was a laugh and was really nice to see them again.

Sue even brought over her old photos!! Really old... there was one of her grandma in 1908!!

But the news of the day was T leaving the department!! Ooooooo... first me, then her. Wish we had more time to talk but it was the end of their lunch break and one by one they had to leave.

Yesterday, I received and e-mail from G telling me that the manager is leaving too! When I heard the news, I slapped my forehead thinking... if only I had stayed a little while longer maybe things will get OK again.

NO! I made my decision and I'll stick by it. I love that department, I get along really well with most of the people in the department... but as Sue said, I'm out of there. I need to look to the future.

I am a happier person now... so, it is a good thing. So, I'll forget about all of that, as I jumped off the ship first, or maybe it was a dare game... who dares to leave first!

Even though I'm out of there, I got to know really nice people whilst I was there and we are keeping in touch. I can't ask for anything more... and I don't want anything more...

Soon, I'll be planning my burger day with EZ... couldn't be happier *grin*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Dave Appella said...

You know DJ EZ?

10/14/2006 10:16:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

everybody knows DJ EZ :-p... but EZ (without the DJ) is unique!

10/14/2006 10:48:00 am  
Anonymous sd said...

Dj EZ is a nonse

10/14/2006 10:50:00 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home