Monday, September 11, 2006

Photo Friday - Boy (Kompang Boys)

I was rummaging my photo albums when I found the picture of the kompang (drum) boys that was taken during my brother's wedding, as was my previous entry for this topic. So I decided to send in another entry to this week's Photo Friday.

The kompang boys accompany the groom as he walks towards the bride's family's house, hitting the drums and singing... announcing the arrival of the groom.

I really do love a traditional Malay wedding.

2 Comments:

Anonymous s_d said...

does that boy only have one arm?

traditional stump drumming must rock

9/14/2006 02:56:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

s_d... could you please remind me again why we are friends?

9/16/2006 11:47:00 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home