Friday, September 08, 2006

My Latest Reads and Watches

I'm reading Freakonomics at the moment. Seb suggested it Jules and Jules bought it for our last trip to Amsterdam.

I picked it up weeks ago but never seem to manage to read more than a page a day! Not that I find it boring... it's just that at the end of the day I am so tired after running around the building trying to fix things that when I get on the tube to get home, I fall asleep... BUT I never miss my station! And after resting... making dinner... clearing the kitchen... I head to bed and pick up the book, and after a page, I just black out until the alarm rings in the morning!

So today... on my third chapter on 'Why Do Drug Dealers Still Live with Their Mothers', I was determine to read on the tube.... that is until I reached Stockwell... and I dozed off! But I have to say that I did absorb what I read. It's written with such simplicity that anybody could almost understand what's ticking in an economist's mind.

When I got home, with a mug of tea, I sat in front of the TV and switched on 'Trust me... I'm an Economist'. The person presenting it is Tim Harford. And I've been trying to borrow his book 'The Undercover Economist' from the Library for ages, since it was recomended by JL... but it's only a one week loan as there always seem to be somebody else waiting for it. If there wasn't, I could hold on to that book for at least a month!

I'm not trying to understand it deeply or even try to understand it... but I find the whole thing really interesting. The books that I read... or trying to read... are more like sociology books to me rather than understanding the market economy. I'm interested in people and how people think and why they think that way... and it is interesting to see how things around us actually influence people's perceptive on things.

2 Comments:

Blogger aycookie said...

got internet connection in my college!sbb tak rmai in the campus now kot.but sgt2 slooooooooooooooow.i couldnt even check my email nor update my blog.upload gamba pon tak boleh!asek terputus2.but i least i dpt check friendster n blogs.kat frenster pon tak dpt bg msg nor bagi testimonials.boleh tengok je.i hope ull receive this comment.ntah2 takleh gak

newore.me too!got so many books to read but i asek procrastinate.hmpph..hehe

9/09/2006 07:21:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

aisey... kesian budak ni. dah tak boleh buat macam-macam, i guess that means you have no excuse but to study! :-p

hugs!!

9/09/2006 02:29:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home