Saturday, September 09, 2006

Illustration Friday - Farm

OK... it's not really a farm but you could find a rooster in farm *grin*

I'm painting this for my mom. She's got a bunch of bantam chickens running around her garden (in Malaysia) BUT this is her favourite. I call him One Wing... due to the obvious fact that he has only one wing. His mommy chicken accidently stepped on his missing wing when he just hatched. My mom had to nurse him to health and he became mom's favourite. Can do no wrong that rooster!

Anyway... Although I'm still working on it, I might have to redo the painting as the canvas was a cheap one. I was broke so I got it from the pound shop for... surprise, surprise... £1!

Acrylic on canvas 30cmx40cm.

update 10 September 2006 09:14
I just received a text (SMS) from mom and my sister left a comment earlier this morning letting me know that One Wing is no more... One Wing was killed by a lizard earlier this morning. Mom must be gutted! First her cat died (of old age), and now One Wing... I really must finish this painting now... and hope that it will put a smile on mom's face.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice composition, and he has a kind expression

9/09/2006 05:20:00 pm  
Blogger aycookie said...

ayam makkk!!!smalam ayam ni kene makan biawak tauuu!!!

9/10/2006 05:26:00 am  
Anonymous S_D said...

lizards are gay....throw rocks at them

9/10/2006 01:22:00 pm  
Blogger The Peong said...

What a great painting!
I'm sorry to here of One Wings demise, but this seems a fitting tribute.

9/11/2006 06:08:00 am  
Anonymous lyndt said...

wei!bubuh le monitor lizard..kang orang ingat lizard kat Msia besar2 belaka sampai boleh telan ayam *grin*

9/11/2006 10:40:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

reply to anonymous:
yes... he never gave mom any trouble.

reply to ayu:
sedih... sedih...

reply to s_d:
we do! they are evil and huge and yes... rubbish!

reply to the peong:
thanks for that. he was a great rooster indeed...

reply to lyndt:
memang besar apa! mak aku cakap ada 3 ekor biawak oi kat rumah tu! habis ayam lari lintang pukang!

9/11/2006 04:11:00 pm  
Blogger Rrramone said...

Sorry to hear the story of One Wing. But very nice painting! :-)

9/13/2006 01:30:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

thanks rrramone... it is a sad story...

i will pass all these comments to mom. she'll be so touched!

9/13/2006 08:52:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home