Thursday, September 14, 2006

Doctor's Order

I went to see the doctor today as I've been coughing for the last few weeks... and lately it's been disturbing my beauty sleep! Trust me... you do not want to look at me these days due to the lack of sleep!

Sometimes when I go through my coughing stint in the middle of the night, I go and 'sleep' on the sofa for a couple of hours so that I wouldn't disturb Jules.

So today... I went to see the doctor to see what he could do and got a telling off!

He told me off for not using my inhaler twice a day. I asked him if I did that, would the coughing stop? He said yes. And if I stop using it, would the coughing start again? He said yes.

No way do I want to stay dependable on a little plastic thing that shoots out stuff for the rest of my life!

I told him that I have the photocopier in my office and the printer is right next to me.

He said that doesn't help and something should be done about it as it aggravates my asthma and my coughing. And when I told him that I'm leaving, he said that would be good for my health.

So basically... until the end of the month, I'll be sparying stuff down my lungs to get a good night sleep. I will stop using it after and see if my coughing returns.

I knew the environment at work is affecting me... but it's nice to get another confirmation.

So, I came home. Used my inhaler... fell asleep in the afternoon but woke up just in time to watch Newcastle won away in Estonia for the UEFA Cup first round tie with Levadia Tallin.

Spurs is in action tonight... good luck to you The Peong! *wink*

5 Comments:

Blogger The Peong said...

And another 1-0 vicorty for the premiership. ON THE SPURS!!!!!

And on a less celebratory note, let me most likely echo Jules and tell you the same thing I tell seet trini on a regular basis "You breathing is much better than you not breathing so take your meds!!!!!!" I know it stinks, but it works and keeps you around which is a good thing.

9/15/2006 03:35:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

can't believe i actually take an interest in Spurs! but yes! congrats to the Spurs on their win last night! and... ehem... it's not for the premiership, it was the UEFA :-p

and thanks for that advise... i do think i want to breathe for a while longer ;)

9/15/2006 06:40:00 am  
Anonymous Dr. Jules D (breathe for plesure.. check the link below!) said...

Peong? Echo me? unlikely... I don't like doctors cos they fib and I don't do medicine, so it would be wrong for me to beat up on yati for it.

Even so, thanks for saying it to yati... she might need to hear it.

:D

J

9/15/2006 04:34:00 pm  
Blogger The Peong said...

Yati - I meant another win for the premiership in UEFA. I feel like you have to root for other teams in your league in these types of competitions, that is of course until you have to face one another.

Dr. J - Pardon my presumption in speaking for you. I too am not a fan of doctors (though I looooove my chiropractor) and their seeming need to overmedicate everyone for everything, but when I see the difference sweet trini's inhaler makes in her day to day functionality, I have to support the doctor. And besides, you know how stubborn those ladies can be...;-)

9/15/2006 04:52:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

LOL!!

sorry for the misunderstanding... to me the premiership is a different league.. then there's the UEFA and the championship (European). and, unless i'm mistaken, we're not facing you in the premiership until 23 December!! that would make an interesting match before christmas *wink*

and you don't know how much jules hates doctors!!

and i am not stubborn! i just do things my way!

9/16/2006 10:32:00 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home