Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Congratulations

Yesterday, sitting in my office, the manager came in and started chatting with my colleague M. And M mentioned in passing that she's been working late, and the manager insisted on M to create a spreadsheet for her late hours so she could work out the TOIL.

Oh how I love double standards. Here I am being in at around 08:00 or 08:30 almost every morning for the last few months and nothing is mentioned about it.

And I remember how before the manager came into the scene, that we had a TOIL system and she decided to scrap it. No one was abusing the system. No one was really keeping track with spreadsheet or anything. But everyone knew that some people do work early or late and never said a word if they had a day off here and there. We think they deserve their day off.

I come in early because this is the time where I could sit down and do work without any interuptions... It is or was my choice. I'm not complaining about coming early... I'm just angry about the double standards in this place now.

How some people can't do anything wrong...

A few months ago, I said in passing to the supervisor about things. It was not a formal meeting. I was just hoping that what I mentioned to the supervisor would be mentioned in passing to the manager.

What I didn't realise was that the supervisor wrote a report of what I said. I wonder if she has a tape recorder in her office to quote everything word by word. I never gave her permission to write anything down... heck... as I said, I didn't even realise it was a formal meeting that needed minutes! How we used to just sit down and talked... and now she wonders why I don't anymore.

I got called in to the main manager's room (not the manager) and asked to explain myself. How I felt I was stabbed in the back by a person I considered a friend.

I love the department, I love most of the people here and I love the fact that I do make some people here feel better with just a smile and my time...

So congratulations for making me hate coming into work and doing the thing that I love, congratulations for managing to push me to my limit that make me leave this job, congratulations for making me feel incompetent when no one else was complaining about the job that I've done, congratulations for making me feel that I'm not worth anything... and good luck to you.

I know that the people that I care about in the department will be reading this... and the people that I care about knows that this is not about them because they made my life bearable when things are unbearable. For those whom I care about, thank you very much for being here for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peong said...

three more days three more days three more days three more days three more days three more days
three more days three more days
three more days three more days

Then revel in the fact that if you were underappreciated in your time, they will certainly know what they lost by the end of next week.

At the risk of being unintentionaly disrespectful (like every time I open my mouth) and having never sent Ramadhanian greetings... Happy Fasting...?

9/26/2006 10:05:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

yes yes yes... i'm chanting that too! LOL

and thanks for the greeting!

you disrespectful??!! never! apart from that one day when you reminded me about newcastle's lost! :-p

9/27/2006 06:36:00 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home