Monday, September 04, 2006

And Today I Announced It

It's busy, busy, busy at work. The students registered on Friday and had their first lecture today. And I was still busy with the timetable. I had to make sure that everything is going as smoothly as possible. A million queries need to be explained clearly to the anxious students.

And between all that... I was asked to send an e-mail out announcing my imminent departure at the end of the month.

I guess it caught everyone by surprise... well, the ones that I didn't mention it to. Though I know they don't expect me to be there forever, they still didn't expect to see me go either. And the respond I got from the people I announced it to was touching... especially from the academics that I look after. Most of them were genuinely surprised, sad to see me go, but yet happy for me to make the decision.

G who is in Germany with his family e-mailed me back saying that he'll be over soon as his class starts on Thursday and would like to chat with me about this horrible, horrible news!

KA sent me a really nice e-mail back thanking me for all my help...

BG tried to have a chat with me but I was too busy with students seeking my attention and he said that what ever happen we will have a few pints together.

EZ wants to make sure that I keep in touch and we are making plans to meet up socially once I've left.

JL was as supportive as ever when I bumped on him on the roof having his cigarette, saying that he's always be around if I need any help, support and just a good old chat.

The rest will get the news when they get back from their summer holiday.

Some people are saying about having a good send off for me... and as I told them... all I want is to get together with everyone the way that we used to when we used to have time for each other. Once upon a time all of us had time to spare on a Friday lunch time for a chatter with a few drinks and me insisting on a bowl of chips with mayonaise.

2 Comments:

Blogger sic6sense said...

so where to next? anyway, all the best!

9/06/2006 11:56:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

don't know... but i'm sure it will be good. thanks :)

9/08/2006 06:58:00 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home