Saturday, September 02, 2006

And I Moved On

It wasn't the first day of term yesterday, but for the selected few, there was a pre-sessional course. So, yesterday was a busy day for me... and the past few weeks.

I am the administrator of the course and I had to make sure that everything is in place for the students... and the lecturers and the class teachers! I had to prepare the preliminary timetable, book all rooms for lectures and classes, make sure that the course packs are ready and put together porperly, that the teacher training does not coincide with each other, etc, etc, etc.

Had a bit of a panic a couple of weeks ago when the preliminary timetable that I've prepared and forwarded to a few people, for them to double check, months ago had a mistake in it! I can't believe no one spotted it! Though quite short noticed in some ways, I managed to fix it and that's the main thing.

Like I always manage to fix every thing that comes my way at work. Some people will come and tell me off about things that was out of my control but within my reach to fix... if they could explain to me what the problem is and be a tad patient. The problem becomes that they know I'm the fixer and they now expect 'miracles'. And most of the times, I do deliver the 'miracles'.

Anyway, although it was busy for me today... and are still things that I'm yet to do, like creating THE timetable for the students on my course...

Trust me, creating a timetable is not as easy as it seems! The amount of time there are changes and I have to rearrange things... and having to make sure that all the room bookings corresponds to the timetable... basically, it has to be right!

Back to my original sentence... and then there's the examination to think about... by the end of the day, I went to see my manager and handed in my notice.

I love being in the department, I've never worked with a nicer bunch of people, I love preparing for my courses, help my academics and be the fixer... but there are just some things, the major thing in my job, that I've outgrown... and I have to move on.

No I haven't found another job... but I know I will. I have a plan... not a concrete one... but still, there is a plan... and the first step of the plan is in place.

And there's always a rainbow... after a storm in a teacup.And I saw two rainbows next to each other on Monday! Rainbows always make me smile.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Peong said...

Good for you for making the decision to take the next step. Jobs come and go, and even when you enjoy certain parts of a job you sometimes find yourself needing to move on. I've had the same thing happen with my last two jobs, and leaving was definitely the best thing I could have done.

9/03/2006 10:40:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home