Tuesday, August 01, 2006

What Day Is It?

It seems that every day is a cause of celebration. Mother's Day, Father's Day, Secretary's Day, Sport's Day, No Smoking Day, Smoking Day, Eating Pie Day... and the list goes on.

Today I found it is Yorkshire Day.

Apart from Jules being Yorkshire man, I don't know much about what this day is about!

I told MW about the day as he's also from Yorkshire and tried to ask him what is it about? Is it about the War of the Roses? He said maybe... hmmmm... but didn't Lancashire won the War of the Roses?

Basically MW is rubbish. I think I know more about that than him! He's not even watching the football anymore as Leeds is not in the Premiership... and I asked him how he felt about the Leeds Rhino losing to the Huddersfield Giants last weekend for rugby league... basically he was gutted and tried to change the subject to cricket... which Yorkshire is not doing very well either!

This is not a piss take about Yorkshire achievements in sports. Leeds Rhinos was the favourite but you can't really predict Rugby League as you can't really predict football or whether the number 139 bus will bother stopping at Aldwych as it rather zoom straight to its last stop in Waterloo. Actually, I was a bit gutted that Leeds Rhinos lost...

Oh well... first thing I'm going to do is to go home and learn more about the War of the Roses... as it seems I'm more interested in the history in this country than most of English friends!

Interested... yes... but I don't know much! As everytime I ask someone on the history of an area in this country, I either get laughed at for being geeky or I get weird looks for being geeky!

Be back soon for your first history lesson!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Nina said...

Oh my God yati, you are turning into Jules. As I read this entry, I can hear Jules speaking through your fingers! :-)

The vocabulary, the sports clubs...Geeky!

I think you are a chameleon!;-P

8/01/2006 07:02:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

LOL!! maybe it was jules who wrote it! :-p i am geeky in my own way but trying so hard not to show it!

hugs!!

8/02/2006 12:56:00 pm  
Anonymous Nina said...

you cannot hide a geek!

8/02/2006 01:01:00 pm  
Anonymous Nina said...

don't stop caring about your country....just because some people write junks...
There are also many with guts and independent opinions!
http://www.malaysia-today.net
Enjoy!

8/02/2006 01:26:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

I AM A GEEK!

of course i care about my country... i just don't care to hear or read stupid comments coming out from some people... you know what i mean!

will look up that site while i still can!

8/02/2006 03:27:00 pm  
Blogger Rrramone said...

If you had really been paying attention you would know that today is Draw Willie day. Now get to it. ;-)

8/03/2006 01:46:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home