Thursday, August 31, 2006

TV Moments - #2 Christmas

Is it just my imagination or is Christmas starting early?

I was reading and have the TV on as background noise, and an advertisement pop up and at the end said something about Christmas! Whatever it was, I missed it... but I am sure that it mentioned Christmas!

Please let it be my imagination! Today is the last day of August and Christmas is not til the end of December! It must be a joke for them to advertise this early!

But then... the other day I was watching TV and about 21:30hours, there were advertisement on kids' toys! What kid watches TV this late??!! It must be targeting parents to brainwash them to buy the product for their kids for Christmas!

And... Check this out! Harrod's is already advertising their Christmas collection on their website!! AND launched their Christmas range early August! Followed by Selfridges and John Lewis! But at least John Lewis is not opening their Christmas section until the 1 October.

But still!!! 1 October is still too early for Christmas!

Christmas doesn't start til December for me... and buying presents for the selected few doesn't happen until, maximum, 2 weeks to the day itself!

Anyway... I have Ramadhan and Eid to look forward to. And that starts next month and the month after. Christmas can wait!

4 Comments:

Blogger The Peong said...

I was upset last year when I was trying to buy Halloween candy on sale on November 1st only to find it replaced with x-mas candy. I thought that was early, but September is ridiculous!

9/01/2006 03:05:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

exactly! and it's not even halloween yet!! where are the halloween goodies??!!

9/02/2006 09:11:00 am  
Blogger Anna said...

Yes Christmas does my head in!

I do Christmas displays each year for my work. We start putting them up early october. The decorations didn't leave the stores till march this year.

9/10/2006 04:45:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

LOL!! i'm so glad that i'm not the only one bah hambugging about it! and i thought i was the modern day scrooge! *grin*

9/10/2006 09:15:00 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home