Thursday, August 17, 2006

Smells

How would it feel if you can't smell anymore?

I know somebody who lost his sense of smell... he seems all right. Plus, it doesn't seem to bother him when he was working in a morgue.

I've been blowing my nose so hard these past few days... almost a week now...

Yesterday, I was getting ready for work and sprayed some nice smells on me and I realised that I couldn't smell it! I put my nose close to my cup of coffee and I couldn't get a hint of aroma at all!

I was about to run around in a panic when I realised that it's no fun being panic when there was no one around to panic at!

So, I continued getting ready and went off to work.

On my way to the tube station, I past a dust cart which the smell usually makes me cringe my nose... but nothing...

Once in the station I jumped on a busy carriage packed with people, where being under someone's armpit is the norm and unpleasant as all the other smells you get in a busy carriage... but nothing...

Went to see a colleague at work and she apologised about the smell of food in her office... still nothing...

In that way, I really do not mind losing my sense of smell. It's not that bad...

But I hope it is temporary as I love to smell my coffee in the morning, the smell of my laundry when I take it out of the washing machine, the smell of nice fresh beddings, smell of flowers and the smell of the food that I cook...

Again, today I sit here with my cup of coffee and I can't strain any aroma from it...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Nina said...

I wouldn't mind not smelling smelly armpits of fat and greasy strangers in the tube. The ones wo stink of alcohol and stale cigarettes! The thought of it makes me want to vomit! Yikes.

8/17/2006 08:56:00 am  
Blogger aycookie said...

waaaat??hopefully tak kekal!

8/17/2006 01:19:00 pm  
Blogger aycookie said...

if kekal,i am always here to dapatkan your perfumes.u wudnt need them nemore kan:P

8/17/2006 01:20:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

reply to nina:
my thoughts exactly!

reply to aycookie:
kekal ke tak kekal you are not getting my perfumes! just because i can't smell at the moment doesn't mean that i want to smell bad! :-p

8/18/2006 06:49:00 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home