Sunday, August 27, 2006

Roadkills

I was watching an old Top Gear show on TV today and they had Terry Wogan as a guest. Bless him, he went around the track at 2 minute 4 seconds... where the norm is around 1 minute 45 seconds.

He was funny as ever. In the middle of his interview, he mentioned that if you hit a deer, you cannot pick it up. However, the next person who drive past could pick it up and cook it for dinner... then he said that it might be just a rule that he's made up!

That made me think... there are a few strange rules in the UK passed a long time ago and still valid laws, so, I decided to look up whether what Terry Wogan said was true. I mean with all the roadkills in UK, I might not be hungry again as long as I'm not the person who killed it first!

Just to put some minds at rest... I'm talking about roadkill of animal kind! I am not a cannibal!

Did a search on the web and I can't seem to find anything on roadkill but I did find out some pretty strange laws!

On shooting arrows:
  • In York - upon sight of a Scotsman, it is illegal to shoot him with a bow and arrow... except on Sundays!
  • In Hereford - it is legal to shoot a Welsh person the whole day... BUT only on Sundays, with a long bow, in the Cathedral Close.
  • In Chester - you can only shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow within the city walls AFTER midnight.
I wonder where is it legal to shoot an English person with a bow and arrow?

OK... I will make sure that if I'm in Scotland, I must not be drunk and in possession of a cow because that will be illegal! And so is fishing on a Sunday! Damn!! There goes my plan for a weekend fishing trip to the Loch!

OH MY GOD!! It is illegal for ladies to eat chocolates on a public conveyance! No more gorging chocolates on buses and tube and trains! But wait! Ladies do not gorge food down... that means I'm not a lady and this does not apply to me! PHEW!!

I think I'm going to find a book on the strange laws in England and see what I could get away with! *grin*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home