Monday, August 21, 2006

Illustration Friday - Match (again)

This is my second entry for the subject Match for Illustration Friday. My last Match entry was of a different theme.The non-smoking law will come into force here in England next summer. Ever since I've found out about the new legislation, I've been collecting match boxes/books from the pubs and bars that provides them. It's a shame that smokers will lose their rights... why there can't be a choice of smoking or non-smoking bar, I just don't understand. So this is an ode to the redundant match boxes/books...

A perfect match... and in the end they burn each other...

7 Comments:

Blogger Kim Carney said...

I can't invision a pub without smoking, I never thought that would fly there! That is a very good idea, collecting the matches, might be the last of them ;)

8/21/2006 05:04:00 pm  
Blogger Jan said...

great illo

8/21/2006 05:22:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

reply to kim carney:
i can't picture it either!

reply to jan:
thanks *smile*

8/22/2006 06:42:00 am  
Blogger Rrramone said...

I like that matchbook. ;-)

8/22/2006 12:49:00 pm  
Blogger The Peong said...

Nice Work! I like both of these, especially how you have created the images with minimal line work. When I work as a set designer I lean towards minimalism, which is something I struggle with in my drawing. So again, well done.

8/22/2006 04:30:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

reply to rrramone:
you're full of compliments as ever! hugs!!

reply to the peong:
have to thank rrramone for the minimal line influence!! his drawings are just awesome!

8/23/2006 06:42:00 am  
Blogger The Peong said...

I agree. It was actually rrramone's sight that influenced me to post for Illustration Friday.

8/23/2006 04:09:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home