Thursday, August 10, 2006

Enough Time to Manage

Yesterday, I went to a time and self management workshop. I didn't attend so that I could learn how to manage time at work, it's more for how to manage my time out of work. I never seem to be able to manage my private time, and hence, I keep thinking that I don't have enough time!

And today, I received an e-mail from Nina that proved how crap my time and self managment is... and how badly I prioritise things!

The workshop was not what I expected. I don't think it was anything that anybody expected. I thought... and everyone else did too... that it was going to be a practical workshop. Something like 'Here's the work, tell me how you're going to manage it?'

But no... it was quite spiritual. He emphasise on taking control of the mind which is the first step of taking control of things around you. It was an eye opener.

I would have handled a lot of things differently if I had taken control of my mind... and things around me.

And to Nina, I can't thank and apologise enough!

Anyway... I did take notes during the workshop as I think it is important to remember certain things. So, I'm sharing it with you. Below is what I learnt from my time and self management course. Take it to heart and things will work out fine.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms J said...

oh! excellent stuff...i have timemanagement problem too - i reckon if i dont nap sooo much, i might be better at managing time! teach teach pls!!!

8/10/2006 07:42:00 pm  
Anonymous Nina said...

Hey Yati...

Eh suddenly I feel like Tok Guru pulak...Nah!!!

I think the biggest learning is from making mistakes and letting yourself experience different situations which call for different skills incl. time management!

IMO life is fluid and dynamic and to reap the max out of it, one has to be able to be flexible.

Everyone is busy these days and time managment is key. I have to allow myself to cut the slack at times, when I start being so hard on trying to achieve too much in a short time...which is unrealistic and also stressful.

We live and learn eh?

Nxxx

8/10/2006 07:46:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

reply to inconditus:
nothing wrong with napping! as long as you allocate it during the day... it's more about planning! don't have to be rigid... but plan plan plan! now go and have your planned nap! *wink*

reply to nina:
don't underestimate yourself! you are my tok guru! your wisdom and positive thinking helps me a lot! and you are right about learning through mistakes... there's no such thing as an undo button! so yes, we do have to live and learn!

hugs!!

8/11/2006 09:28:00 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home