Sunday, August 06, 2006

Brunch - Sliced Beef in Spicy Tomato Sauce

Yesterday, as I was trying to clean the front room, I had the TV on and it was showing Saturday Cooks with Chef Anthony Worral Thompson as the presenter. I quite like him even though I've never used his recipe... he one round jolly fellow! My idea of a chef! Nowadays... most chef are quite lean. Somehow AWT struck me as someone who enjoys his food... and looks more like Father Christmas compared to the TV chefs usually grace the screen. Oh... and they tend to be good looking too... not that I really notice!

Anyway... I wasn't really paying attention but one of the guest chef... a French chef they call JC was making one of those quick meals. Through half watching and half listening, I gathered that he's making his mom's speciality. He gave it some fancy French name.

He made a tomato sauce, put half a pepper into the oven, slice the other half of the pepper and slice an onion. He then cut the steak into strips. He softened the onion in some oil, put the strips of pepper and the beef. Cook it quickly and put in his home made tomato sauce. Took the pepper out of the oven on to a plate, the beef on top and some herbs to add some crunchyness.

My version is a bit different. I put chilli in my tomato to spice it up. Sliced a red onion and some garlic to quickly fry with the beef. Boiled some baby corn, asparagus and mangetout. Sliced some French bread... and voila... brunch is ready!Ooops... the baby corns are not in the picture as it was still boiling in the pan.

Nice and quick meal for early Sunday afternoon. Lovely...

updated 7 Aug 2006 13:21
p.s. I forgot to write yesterday that once the beef turn brown but still a bit pinkish, add some balsamic vinegar... how much? Secukup rasa! (Up to your taste buds!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Rrramone said...

Holy crap, now I'm hungry!! ;-)

8/07/2006 02:31:00 am  
Anonymous Nina said...

Alamak, nampak begitu sedap sekali!!!!

Kalah I masak you! :-))

8/07/2006 08:04:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

reply to rrramone:
if you're in town and looking for a quick meal, drop me a line! *wink*

reply to nina:
apa pulak... ni bukan nak lumba! the trick is, presentation mesti lawa, sure orang tak berani nak complain!

hugs!!

8/07/2006 01:19:00 pm  
Anonymous Nina said...

eh you, i kata kalah tu bukannya sebab berlawan. Superflous lah. I mean, hebat betul la you ni!

Apa dah?!

Nx

8/07/2006 07:30:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home