Thursday, July 06, 2006

Why Bamboos Are Useful : #1 Pop-Gun

I was looking through another of rrramone's blog called For My Eye Only and noticed that one of his drawing looked like a bunch of bamboos! It made me think of a few things in Malaysia... mostly my childhood... the happy part.

There was a bamboo hedge in front of granddad's old house when I was a kid... but when I say in front, it was across the lane and belonged to his neighbour. But when I was little, granddad will go and grab a few sticks of bamboo and make me a pop-gun. I'm not sure how I should describe this... so I hope I won't be sued under any copyright laws by taking an extract out of 'Kampung Boy Yesterday & Today' by the famous Malaysian cartoonist (well... he's famous in Malaysia) called Lat. Anyway... this could be a good publicity for him and you guys might just decide to get his book... plus, he's the only person that I know who could describe it so well in drawings and words...Extract from Lat's Kampung Boy Yesterday & Today Extract from Lat's Kampung Boy Yesterday & Today Extract from Lat's Kampung Boy Yesterday & Today Extract from Lat's Kampung Boy Yesterday & Today Extract from Lat's Kampung Boy Yesterday & TodayPop-gun rocks! But I do have to say that I was lucky enough not to have encountered the pop-machine-gun!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rrramone said...

For me it was the slingshot. Many near eye-out experiences. :-)

7/06/2006 09:20:00 pm  
Blogger sriperwira said...

Hallo! I just happened to chance on your blog following the malaysia week covent garden posting. best betul i baca! I'm a relocated malay tu kat london. :)

7/07/2006 01:36:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

reply to rrramone:
wasn't allowed the slingshot! was way too dangerous! ;-)

reply to sriperwira:
welcome to my world! *grin* did you go to the event in covent garden?

7/08/2006 03:35:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home