Thursday, July 27, 2006

Starting Again

There were 2 reasons why I started my blog.

Reason #1: I started my blog as a way to vent things out of my system. I felt guilty of taking things out on the person I share my life with and it made me even angrier (mostly with myself) for doing that to him.

I've got a lot in my little head and sometimes I find it hard to explain and get frustrated. So things that are not concerning him but I need to let it out, I do it here.

So, I started writing. Most of the time what I write does not make sense to anyone but me. I write what is in my head and I write what I observe.

I gave my blog address out to the people who I want to read my blog and believe that they will not judge me. I admit, I am a naive soul.

This past few weeks, my writing hasn't really been mine because lately I've actually sat and thought about what I should be put into words instead of letting the words flow. Now when I read my blogs from the past few weeks, I can't even see me on any of my writings. All of them are written with care as not to offend anyone.

It's not that I'm writing to cause any offence to anyone intentionally... but now (like right now) I feel like I have to explain every single word that I write!

I really don't enjoy writing anymore because of this. I'm sorry but I'm human. I need to show my emotions and voice them out. People might not agree with what I feel and what I see and what I write... but it's my thoughts seen through my eyes and brings so much emotions in me.

I am human and I will make mistakes.

I will blog the way that I want to again... and if you think that what I see and write is wrong, point me to the right direction. And if I disagree with anybody, please respect my opinion the way that I respect every single opinion that is dished my way.

You can't just get respect without earning it.

And that leads to reason #2:
I also started this blog for my closest friends and my little sister. And I know for a fact that none of them judges me and all of them will not think twice to point me to the right direction if I am wrong and I also know that they will be disappointed if I don't tell them my story the way that I see it... and they have my upmost respect... and for you my little sister and my friends, the way that you are always there for me, I will always be here for you.

Now that that's out of my system, it's time for me to relax again!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Nina said...

Y,
in my opinion, the best blog (for the writer and the reader) are blogs which are honest. May be no one judges you for your feelings/words, perhaps it is only you who felt judged. Most of the time, self-judgement is harsher.

Plus, you shouldn't care what people think of you. That is the only way to make peace with yourself.

This is your blog and if people don't like what they read, they don't have to read it.

I also don't think there is such a thing as "the right direction". I believe everyone is an individual and right and wrong is a question of subjectivity and circumstances.

Then again, that is my opinion and it only suits me.

I suggest (only suggestion), don't apologise for what you think and say. You have the right to do so in your own space. That is what is so great about blogging!

Take care. Nx

7/27/2006 12:27:00 pm  
Blogger Cheeky said...

i totally agree with above... people read your blog because they want to! completely understand about needing to say whats in your head.. poem on mine is a good example.. i even thought about taking that down but decided no because thats me and thats how i felt at that time. Also sometimes it is easier to "vent" on here rather than at someone. Your friends will always be there to help or give advice but also would never judge. ... if that makes sense lol

7/27/2006 03:32:00 pm  
Blogger Rrramone said...

Amen, sister. Write on!

7/28/2006 05:49:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

reply to nina:
i do wish that i am as level headed as you!

reply to cheeky:
thanks for your support hun.

reply to rrramone:
draw on!

7/28/2006 07:25:00 am  
Anonymous Nina said...

Me level head? Is this the joke of the year??? :-P

7/28/2006 08:13:00 am  
Anonymous lyndt said...

terus je mcm biasa..saper tak suka they can point their mouse to the 'x' at the top right hand corner and click. yours is on my fav list both at home n office, so let the Yati I've known since aeons ago back into this space!

Hugs

7/28/2006 08:39:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

reply to nina:
i don't joke-joke one you know!

reply to lyndt:
jalan terus je eh? maybe i should make a huge sign directing some people to that little red cross!

hugs back!!

7/28/2006 12:16:00 pm  
Anonymous lyndt said...

a'ah..terus je, kalau ko nak speed cam F1 pun ok..add a bit of Tokyo drift lagi power :P
like you said, they are people who can point you to the right direction kalau terbabas.
as long as you're happy dear!

7/29/2006 04:41:00 am  
Anonymous lyndt said...

aiseh! ada typo error pulak..i meant to type 'there' not they..*blush*

7/29/2006 04:46:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

reply to lyndt:
macam-macamlah mak cik ni! ada ke tokyo drift... sepang pun i tak pernah sampai!
thanks for your words!

7/30/2006 10:37:00 am  
Anonymous lyndt said...

aku la baru tahun nie jejak sepang..tu pun courtesy cheap flights AirAsia..yelah..now everyone can fly :D

7/31/2006 03:51:00 pm  
Blogger aycookie said...

yeah..you shud keep on writing...rilli2 helping to relax in a way!

8/04/2006 07:05:00 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home