Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Last Match For World Cup 2006

The last match... Italy vs France

The match is on at the moment... I'm in the kitchen making nasi goreng... and blogging at the same time.

It's not that I'm not interested... I'm just a bit restless! I'm not really rooting for a team at the moment... OK... that's a lie.

I do want France to win in a way... I've always been an admirer of Zidane. I do think that he is one of the best footballer at the present moment and since he is retiring from international football after the World Cup, I feel it would be a great sending off for him if France wins... but I guess we will just have to wait and see!

Now... I will go and continue making the nasi goreng and watch the match...

The time now is 20:44... It's not long to the final whistle! The score at the moment is 1-1... and I'm really hoping that France would score again and it won't go to extra time! They are showing Poirot after the match and it goes to extra time and penalties, they might cancel Poirot!

Italy has a free kick... I guess it's time for me to watch the match again!


20:51
The final whistle blew... and it will go to extra time!

21:10
End of first half of extra time and it's still 1-1!

21:20
Oh dear... it's the second half of extra time... and Zidane has been sent off! Oh dear... oh dear... oh dear... that's not the good way to end your international career... I think it's down hill for France now... playing with 10 men...

It was the right decision by the referee... but the thing is none of the officials saw it... so how did the come to the decison? But I guess it does not matter how the reached the decision as it was the right decision.

Can't be long now until the penalty shoot out... unless someone scores like right now!

21:29
The World Cup is going to be decided by the penalty shoot out!

21:41
And... Italy won the World Cup...

THE END

5 Comments:

Anonymous vatyma said...

Bellisima Italia!!!!
I was all for Italy, after les francais beat the Portugais :)

7/10/2006 01:05:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

reply to vatyma:
i didn't realise you're portugese! now we will have to wait for 2 more years for a possible re-match *wink*

7/10/2006 01:58:00 pm  
Blogger Rrramone said...

This was an excellent telling of the story! :-)

7/11/2006 04:26:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

reply to rrramone:
always happy to tell you a bedtime story! *grin*

7/11/2006 07:55:00 am  
Anonymous vatyma said...

yati, I'm not portuguese but since all the arabs (saudia and tunisia that is) sucked big time I thought to support the Portuguese since my great granma is Portugais ;) capiche?

7/11/2006 01:29:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home