Monday, July 03, 2006

Is It Not Friday Yet??!!!

I woke up today thinking, 'I don't want to go to work!'

I know... I know... everybody thinks that first thing Monday morning. The thing is, I really hate my work place. The hatred has been growing for a year now! It used to be that the people at my workplace made things bearable. I love most of them here. The admin staff, the academic staff and even the students used to make my day. They love the fact that no matter how awful my day was, I always have a smile for them... and it brightens up their day. I always lend my ear when they need someone to talk to... and it brightens up their day.

I'm not asking for anything back... I know that most of them would do the same for me... but I always think about professionalism... and it's not professional to sit and moan all the time... so I don't do it. It's not good time management either. Why moan when you should try to do something about it.

I try everyday to hold my head up, be professional and get on with my job. It's bringing me down and the fact that in my eyes some people are not being professional in dealing with things around work but get more acknowledgement.

I've also lost trust on some people that I trusted. And I think that is the worst bit. I can't work with people I don't trust. More to the point, I could work with people I don't trust as long as I've known that from the start! I've worked with such people (those that I don't trust) and because we had that relationship from the start, we got along fine... and all work was done accordingly.

It also taught me not to talk to people. Some things I say in trust... and suddenly the manager walks in and ask me what is going on? When I say something in trust is usually to get the weight off my shoulder as I try to figure out what to do. With everything I say reaching the manager before I could even compose myself... it just looks bad and I feel like I'm being pushed into a corner as I will need to explain myself without putting the other party in jeapordy.

I used to be happy in this job. I actually had job satisfaction... which I don't anymore. I was happier when I wasn't paid as well as I am now. I'm not saying that I'm earning a fortune... it's still really low... but I really rather have the job satisfaction I had then...

Now, I don't get noticed for the things that I've done but the things that goes wrong.

But do I really want to leave? As I said... I love most of the people. I keep thinking if I leave... would the people in the other place be as nice as the people here. Most of them are nice...

When I first started... there was no such thing as office politics. Academics or other admin staff will give me work and know that at the end of the day the job will be done and everybody was happy... now... I'm told to do something but have to have permission from someone before something is done and a have thousands of meetings before something can done and having to reschedule meetings set as someone can't seem to be bothered to check my online calendar when it was them who suggested to share calendars so that they could see what I'm doing and then ask me to book the meeting room on certain dates that they would have known that the meeting room is not available if they had bothered to check the booking spreadsheet online!

And they tell me to go to a time management course? Eff off the lot of you.

You say this happens everywhere... I know it happens everywhere... but it only recently happened here! It was never like that. If it had been like that from there start, I would have adjusted to it and expect it to be that way... Yes, things do change... I don't mind changes... if it is for the better! But this is not the case!

Plus, if I have something to say, I would go to the person that I need to say it to as it's better to say it face to face (in my opinion). So many time, I talk to certain people and at the end of the conversation I would say 'Is everything cool?' and they give me a positive response and when I get back to my desk, there's a long e-mail talking about it again! Why didn't they just say it in front of me that it's not cool and they need sometime to think about it before talking to me again? Then I will have to deal with the e-mail and what a waste more time as I thought the problems been dealt with but instead it escalated! Maybe they should go to a time management course themselves. Idiots!

Do I want to leave? Yes! For my sanity sake!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Seb said...

Stop moaning and do something about it!

7/03/2006 04:12:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

reply to seb:
i don't moan at work... this is my space so i moan as much as i want! so you can eff off too! plus i'm looking for another job... what do you do? you fix a fridge at work cause there's nothing better to do. so talk to yourself!

mmmmmmm... i feel so much better now! *grin*

7/03/2006 04:42:00 pm  
Anonymous S_D said...

i keep getting called into college to amend assignments...

thought i was finished today...got called in to college...

when will it end!? lol

friday seems so far away...especially when i know i got 6 weeks off....

7/03/2006 07:10:00 pm  
Blogger Rrramone said...

Laughing at the exchange between you and Seb. So good luck in finding a new gig. You will. :-)

And in the US it is a holiday due to July 4, so we are all goofing off today. nanner nanner.

7/03/2006 07:58:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

reply to s_d:
6 weeks off??!!! i feel so sorry for you!

reply to rrramone:
when me and seb argue, we know i'm right! :-p and thanks... i know there is a dream job waiting for me out there!
oh... happy independence day! we need more days off in England!

7/04/2006 07:14:00 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home