Thursday, July 20, 2006

I Never Make It Easy For Myself

Had a chat with Nina this morning... Told her that I only had 5 months left on my passport and she said I'd better go to the embassy or I won't be able to travel!

WHAT??!!

So I went to the Malaysian Embassy... have to leave a few bits out as a lot of people read my blog now and I really don't want to get into trouble! Anyway... went to the embassy and explained everything to the receptionist. She was really nice about it. She told me to have a talk with the people inside and they should be able to sort me out... and asked for my identity card!

I was like.... errrrrr... I don't have my ID card. She told me to come back tomorrow with the ID card and all will be fine... and again I was like.... errrrrrrr.... it's in Malaysia but I have my passport here and I really need to renew it!!

It was really weird... in Malaysia they won't entertain me... but she talked to me nicely telling me that if I don't want to keep my ID card here, I should ask my mom to photocopy it and get it certified and get it photocopy posted to me... that's for future events! But for now, she gave me the form to fill, told me not to worry, gave me my waiting number and then the best advise... GROVEL!

When my turn came, I took a deep breath and started grovelling! I think the person behind the counter was going to sway but he had to speak to his superior... who was sitting next to him and said... NO!!

I was ready to cry! Tolonglah encik. Tak ada jalan lain ke?

He looked at me and asked me where my ID card was... Dekat rumah mak. Where in Malaysia is my mom... Dekat JB. Where does my mom live... Straits View.

It's only a short walk to the Immigration Office. Get your mom to photocopy your card, tell her to go to the Immigration Office, Block B, first floor and get the official stamp there. I was based in JB's Immigration Office for years! I know where it is...

It's not a short walk! It's like walking from Bank to Victoria... but I know what he meant.

I was like if I bring it first thing tomorrow morning, will I get it straight away? He assured me that it will be ready in the afternoon!

Terima kasih encik!

Now all I have to hope for is mom faxing my ID card photocopy and it reaches the embassy all right... and everything will be fine.

KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheeky said...

Got my fingers and toes crossed hun :D

7/20/2006 05:04:00 pm  
Anonymous lyndt said...

aisey!kena pulak officer dari jb..tough luck but i hope you'll get it quick..aku nak baca trip pasal trip ko kesana :D

7/22/2006 05:03:00 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home