Saturday, July 08, 2006

Gay Paris... Dear Antoine

Sriperwira left a comment on my blog. I have no idea who she is but I do like it when random people leave comments on my blog! So I went to check out her blog and it seems that she's been having a break in Paris.

The last time I went to Paris was trying to patch things up with and ex-boyfriend, A... it was just a day trip and obviously it didn't work! Which I am really glad about...

But before that, the best trip to Paris for me was in the summer of 2000... after I broke up with another ex-boyfriend, D! I found out that he cheated on me and I went to Paris to meet up with my ex-flat mate, Antoine, to mend my aching heart!

I have to say that even though I've lost touch with Antoine, he was one of the best flat mate that I've ever had! Well, I can't really choose between him and Debbie... when it was the 3 of us in that flat in Battersea, we had a blast of a time... then Debbie went back to Australia and Antoine decided to accept a job in Paris...

Anyway, Antoine really looked after me even though he was busy with the organising of the grand opening of the restaurant he's working in. We had dinner at this wonderful restaurant somewhere in area 6. We just sat there eating and talking and must have left around 2am... we were the last customer and the waiters were so patient!

He took me to the antique market somewhere... I don't know where... and bought me a cool pair of shoes!

We went to a Morrocan tea shop and just sat there and sipped tea and have the sweetest pastries that I felt sick in the end!

He took me to a BBQ in this wonderful house... everybody was so relaxed... so bohemian... we got drunk and they started building ramps in the garden for the BMX bicycle... Then someone had the brilliant idea of going clubbing! A bunch of us packed into a small car... all still a bit tipsy and made our way to a club somewhere near Moulin Rouge.

But I have to say this... French drivers are something else! When we got to the car to go to the club, I noticed that there was not enough gap for the car to get out! But everybody was saying 'Don't worry' or 'It's not a problem', so I thought well... I am in their territory, they should know best!

The driver started the car and just kept nudging the cars at the back and front until there was space for him to get his car out! I was like shocked! But then all of us were tipsy... and I noticed there was no seatbelts in the car... but at that point I was having so much fun that I didn't care! I knew that they will look after me... a bunch of strangers...

I couldn't forget D during that trip... but everyone was so good to me and looked after me, even though the only person I knew was Antoine, that I couldn't help but have fun and be happy...

Until now, I have to say that trip to Paris with my aching heart is one of the best trip I've had in my life. I met a lot of loving strangers... and I wish that I haven't lost contact with Antoine... I wonder if he followed his dream and move back to Bordeaux and opened up his own bar and restaurant... What ever he's doing... I wish him all the success and... I do miss him!

2 Comments:

Blogger sriperwira said...

Hallo Yati, Thank you for visiting my blog. Yours on Paris is beautiful! I am still in awe with their parking skills. hehehe
Have a good one in Amsterdam. I went with a girlfren in April and wah!! enjoy sakan!

7/10/2006 09:46:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

reply to sriperwira:
the parisians are wonderful aren't they? *grin*
amsterdam is one of my favourite destinations... was there in february and there again in 2 weeks time! can't wait! the best chill out place ever!

7/10/2006 01:59:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home