Tuesday, July 25, 2006

And Now We Are Home

It was our second trip to Amsterdam together. Actually both our holidays together has been Amsterdam! It's the only place that both of us has been before without each other and since we've done the touristy things (or I've done the touristy things) before, we feel that we could just relax and not rush around.

We arrived after midnight... early Saturday morning. First stop was Kedai Kopi Belalang. It was just around the corner from our hotel. It became base camp!

Then we wandered around. Must have got back to the hotel and fell asleep around 3am!

After the whole thing I went through before the trip, I still couldn't believe that I... that we made it!

Saturday started really slow... went again to Kedai Kopi Belalang... found a pair of Vans for Ayu... had breakfast lunch... saw some drummers at the Dam

But after leaving them, I think they might have been rain makers! It started raining... not the type of rain that I always complain about... but the type of rain that I love (and my little sister hates). It started raining baby hippos and baby rhinos! We decided to walk back to the hotel as we were soaked... so there's not much point of seeking shelter. We were seriously drenched! With the rain pelting on my face, I couldn't see where I was going! But it was lovely rain!

As we were cutting through some alley ways, Jules noticed a grafitti that in the end became my mark on the beer mats in Amsterdam... that, I think will be my entry for last week's Illustration Friday.

We didn't go far after the rain. Actually... Friday caught up on me and I was sleeping most of the afternoon!

Sunday, I got in touch with Nina and we decided to spend some time at Vondel Park. It was a lovely day. And since our hotel is in the middle of Amsterdam on this trip, we decided to walk everywhere.

Vondel Park is like Hyde Park in London. Loads of people just chilling out. And so was I...


I was just happy lying there looking up at the sky and the trees...
I didn't forget the reason why I was at Vondel Park... Nina and I decided to take our babies to the park! *grin*
And aren't they cute!

There's so much to tell... Monday I spent time with Nina and Milla... Tuesday was Heineken day... Wednesday... It was home.

I just came in about 45minutes ago... and am still tired. But I have to say... I always enjoy my trips to Amsterdam and it's actually a place that Jules and I could really relax... and I always look forward to the next time I see Nina and Milla...

2 Comments:

Blogger aycookie said...

cutenye baby tuuuuuuuu

7/29/2006 06:28:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

baby yang mana satu? baby kecik ke baby besar? *ketawa terbahak-bahak*

hugs!!

7/29/2006 09:51:00 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home