Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Rice Porridge

Still suffering from man flu; still feeling a bit crap! Probably an incy wincy better than yesterday... but not that much! Jules, bless him, got me a bottle of cough syrup yesterday. My chest was hurting so bad everytime I coughed! Felt like I was actually coughing my chest out! The cough syrup helped to ease the pain a bit... Thanks hun!

I was just wondering what I should eat since I haven't really eaten yesterday... apart from the bowls of soup and a small loaf of bread.

I remembered when I was a little girl, whenever I was ill, mom would make me rice porridge. Nothing fancy... Rice porridge with fried dried anchovies and soy sauce. It filled my tummy up, ease my sore throat and it was yummy!

So, here I am... and adult in London, copying what mom did for me, only I don't have any dried anchovies to fry... It will have to be rice porridge, fried egg, fried shallots, spring onions and soy sauce. Yum yum...

6 Comments:

Blogger aycookie said...

ayu tak ske bubur

bubur yg kak ti buat nampk tak healthy la..ptotny plain porridge je!

6/27/2006 12:36:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yati, ...now I miss bubur lambuk.

Get well soon.

Kisses, Nina

6/27/2006 12:42:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

reply to ayu:
apa pulak tak healthy? telur goreng healthy apa?

reply to nina:
simple things... simple pleasures in life *wink*

hugs to both of you!!

6/27/2006 01:07:00 pm  
Blogger Rrramone said...

Dang that looks good! :-)

6/27/2006 10:51:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

reply to rrramone:
try it the next time you have man flu! it does wonders! *wink*

6/28/2006 08:52:00 am  
Blogger aycookie said...

terlor GORENG tak healthy sbb d GORENG dgn MINYAK..hahaha

6/28/2006 11:58:00 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home