Wednesday, June 21, 2006

It's Time for You to Rest

I came home, switched on my laptop, and there was a message from my sister:

Kak Ati... Tina dah mati!!!
(Big Sister Ati... Tina is dead!!!)

10 years 2 months and 11 days... Tina is no longer with us. I only saw her once a year for 2 weeks when I go and visit mom in Malaysia. But in a way, because mom loves her so much, I can't help but feel attached to her. And I am so grateful to her for being there for mom all through her hardships... her divorce, her children's antics... she's always been there for my mom, consoling her.

And now she is no more... and I know that my mom must be devastated. I haven't talked to mom... but I will call her once it's morning in Malaysia.

I can't seem to find any photos of Tina! It must have been on my Mac laptop, which was robbed from my old flat last year! The only photo I have of Tina is the worst photo ever! This is kind of upsetting.

Tina... I'm missing you already! To know that you won't be there to greet me when I walk through the door for my yearly family visit, for you to jump and sit on my lap, for you to come into my room in the morning and tap me to wake me up so that I'd go to the kitchen and feed you, to just sit by me (and everyone else in the family) when you know that I'm feeling sad and keep me company... knowing that you won't be doing any of that anymore... but I know I was lucky... we were all lucky to have you in our life. Though we know that Abang (my brother) was your favourite... we all loved you! Goodbye our dear dear cat...

7 Comments:

Blogger aycookie said...

sedeynyeee tgk gambaaa dieee.waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..ape daaa..taik mater tu..heh..bittersweet memories ekh

6/21/2006 07:45:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

*hugs*
*really good hug*
I'll call you in a bit and we could have another good cry!
*extra extra hug*

6/21/2006 08:07:00 pm  
Anonymous S_D said...

aww yati, i feel sorry for you, i can't say im too attached to my cats, ones permanently scared, the other's ginger....do you blame me? lol

feel free to throw rocks at me, but out of everything...something moderately amusing comes to mind...

wouldn't you just kill your sister if you had another message tomorrow...

saying...only joking?

doubt thats the case, i'll have a horny monyet on standby just in case, that'll sort her out.

i feel really mean for posting this...lol

ayu will forgive me :D

6/22/2006 12:27:00 am  
Anonymous lyndt said...

both of us used to run to the opposite sides kalau bertembung..aku kan penakut kucing and Tina pula pilih orang..hehe

6/22/2006 07:22:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

reply to s_d:
wouldn't expect any less from you... you mean muppet!

reply to lyndt:
oh yes... i do remember!! penakut betul ler kau ni!

6/22/2006 07:59:00 pm  
Blogger Delaleuverses said...

Sorry to hear about Tina's death, hope you are feeling a little better

6/22/2006 09:30:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

reply to delaleuverses:
thanks. i am feeling better just feeling a bit hollow at times.

6/23/2006 06:46:00 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home