Sunday, June 04, 2006

Illustration Friday - Portrait

This is my first entry to Illustration Friday which my friend Nina introduced me to. They are not my recent work as I seldom pick up my brush nowadays.

The main one which I've sent to Illustration Friday is my copy, acrylic on canvas, of a poster of Lisa Simpson Scream (which I also use my profile picture for my blog). I thought it is kind of a portrait as a lot of people do relate more with the Simpsons than real life human being!

Lisa Scream

I painted this summer 2004 for my fella, Jules, as he is a big Simpsons fan and had that poster hanging on the wall behind his bed. He is my real life Homer!!

Lisa is now happily hanging in our living room watching over us. I have to say that to date, it is my favouritest painting that I've done. Even though it's a copy of a poster. Well, portraits are not just painted through sittings... photographs would do nicely... and so does posters!

Below is just something I did when I was a bit bored in winter 2002. Someone told me it looked like I was influenced by Modigliani... and I thought cut your bullshit and pretending you're posh art critic.

Brown Lady

11 Comments:

Anonymous ayu said...

i like the second one too!nape time ayu pg london aritu ayu tak nampak painting tu?

6/05/2006 01:54:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

ayu - it wasn't up on the wall. most probably it was within all the other canvases... takkan mak tak bongkar :-p

6/05/2006 07:28:00 am  
Blogger Queen Tut said...

The scream is Fab! You did well with the colours!

6/05/2006 10:08:00 am  
Anonymous ayu said...

u r way better than any norwegian painter!..*wink wink**

6/05/2006 01:00:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

queen tut - Thanks for your comment! I'm trying to get motivated to paint again... I'll check your site out later today!

ayu - thanks for the compliment... but you might be a bit biased cause you're my sister *wink*

6/05/2006 02:36:00 pm  
Blogger First Nations said...

hi! i saw your comment at my site and thought id visit.
im not seeing your pictures, just an 'error frame' for each one. crapola. seems like other people can see them though...so yay!
blogger is beginning to p*** me right off!
FN

6/05/2006 03:45:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

FN - thanks for your visit... uneventful as it was!! i know what you mean!! i'm getting really annoyed now!!

6/05/2006 07:34:00 pm  
Blogger Alina Chau said...

LOL!! AWESOME, wicked!! Love it!

6/06/2006 07:33:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

thanks alina!! i think i do need a few words of encouragement after looking at other peoples' work!! your's is BRILLIANT!

6/06/2006 09:32:00 am  
Blogger steve said...

Well, it really does look like his stuff. Great job!!

6/06/2006 05:49:00 pm  
Blogger the heartful blogger said...

Love the Lisa Simpson scream! And the bottom one is beautiful, graceful.

6/08/2006 03:21:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home