Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Illustration Friday - Jungle

When I saw the topic, I thought, interesting. And the first thing that came in my head is urban jungle. Well... I live in a city. There's not much jungle about!

And then I had a vision (with Jules' help as he is the visionary) of an urban jungle seen through a folliage (proper tree jungle).

What I discovered through trying to do this is that I am useless at painting buildings! The painting turned out to be horrible! It's not finished yet but I do hope you could see what I am trying to (miserably) achieve.
Urban Jungle

I'm working with acrylic on canvas and I don't think I would finish it before the next topic is published so I thought I'll just submit it anyway. Be gentle with your comments towards me.

I will finish it as I am determined to and I will put up the finish product on my blog one day. And once I get the buildings to look the way that I want them to, and the sky to be the colour that I want it to, I will either put a bee hovering somewhere... or an ant on one of the leaves. One day that day will come...

7 Comments:

Blogger arvindh said...

Great combo of themes! Nice texture in the foliage!

6/14/2006 07:31:00 pm  
Anonymous seb said...

The leaves are great.
I think you're right about your drawing of buildings though.
Good thing you got plenty of other strong points.

6/14/2006 08:56:00 pm  
Blogger claudine hellmuth said...

I love it! I think it's great all around!!

6/15/2006 02:34:00 am  
Blogger Rrramone said...

Nice take on the topic. :-)

6/15/2006 07:04:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

thanks so much for your words of encouragement!! had a look at the work you guys do and they look awesome! i'm rather humbled...

6/15/2006 07:41:00 am  
Anonymous S_D said...

looks cool, im crap at painting...well...anything really

i make ummm...good conversation?

bout all i offer :))

nice one yati, perhaps a painting paying homage to greggs next? :))

6/15/2006 03:11:00 pm  
Anonymous lyndt said...

cantik jer...

6/16/2006 08:50:00 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home