Monday, June 19, 2006

Illustration Friday - Dance

I wasn't even going to attempt this week's topic on Illustration Friday. Why? Because, like painting buildings, I'm also really bad at painting figures!! I can never get any body parts right!

Plus some people say I can't dance. How would they know? I might not be able to jump about like they do at clubs nowadays... but I was grown up to the rhythm of the joget (Malay dance) beat. I can move if there's rhythm... but not to the thump thump thump of drum'n'bass!

And I move to the rhythm of the bumble bee!

Anyway... instead of painting a full fledge figure, I thought shadows would do nicely... the wayang kulit (shadow puppets) play moves the shadow to the rhythm of the gamelan music (the gong, 2 string violin, the drum and something like the xylophone... if I've spelt that right)... so that's what I'll do... nice and simple. But not the intricate design of the wayang kulit puppets! I won't do the puppet masters any justice by even trying! Shadow Dance
Still working with acrylic on canvas and as with my Jungle painting, this painting still needs a bit of work to do... but I'm impatient like that!

4 Comments:

Blogger Delaleuverses said...

This is nice, well i'm trying my hands at painting as soon as I move to my new apartment and I can't wait, I really don't know how to draw really good but I love the arts so much that it won't hurt to try. Yeah please keep us posted when you complete this painting

6/20/2006 01:13:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

Thanks... and I will keep you posted! My my my... not only do you write... you paint too!! A person a abundant of talents I see!

6/21/2006 07:07:00 am  
Blogger Rrramone said...

I think this is splendid! Keep at it!!

6/21/2006 04:09:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

reply to rrramone:
thanks! i'm still waiting for my drawing! :-p

6/21/2006 06:11:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home