Friday, June 02, 2006

House Arrest, Protests and Grocery Shopping

New Years this year... i.e. 1st January 2006... I was on house arrest for 2 weeks!!! No!!!!

Don't worry, I didn't get in trouble with the law! I'm too paranoid about getting into trouble with the law as I don't want to be deported!! Jules tried to tempt me into doing a protest at Whitehall. It is now illegal to do that! 2 women got arrested for protesting the Iraq war by just standing there and reading the names of the people who died there... So, NO! Even though I was very very tempted!!

So I wasn't in trouble with the law... it's just that I was contagious!!! I had the mumps!! Can you believe it??!! I thought kids got mumps!

My cheeks swelled up! I felt like a hamster! At that moment in time, I wish I was a hamster. At least a hamster has big cheeks because it stores its food there! I even had to watch what I eat! Anything sour just hurts!!! Seriously... try not to catch it... and if you're a boy, it might affect your ability to sow your seeds! Yes, you'll be shooting blanks!

Anyway, since I had to stay at home, who is going to do the grocery shopping? Jules didn't want to do it because he didn't want to get into trouble with me for buying the wrong things! Write a list I hear you say... it doesn't work like that!

So, desprately not wanting to eat pizza and chinese take-away everyday for the 2 weeks, we came up with the solution of shopping online!

I hated the idea. I like going grocery shopping and touch the food before I buy them. But there was no other way at that point in time!

So I checked out Asda, Waitrose, Tesco and Sainsbury's websites. You know what they say about it takes 10 seconds for you to make an impression on your website to attract customers thing? It's true! So what if Asda did free home delivery? Their front page was awful!! Tesco's was just too confusing. Waitrose... I can't stand their radio advertisement! Didn't even care about going to the site. Plus they're usually more expensive. I know you have to pay for quality... but my tummy says quantity!

I decided on Sainbury's as I could browse their grocery without registering first! And their website is so simple. I like simple websites! All those Flash moving things just annoys me most of the time.

This is the part that I like!! Armed with Jules' card, I started shopping!!

Ever since that day, we've been doing it once a month from then on!! No, it's not because I'm lazy. It's because it's convenient! We buy all the heavy stuff like bottles of cokes, beers, tinned stuff, cleaning products and what ever else that is heavy and has 1 month life time online. For fresh food, I still go shopping every week for meat and vegetables and other stuff that I forgot to put my order online! I do like to see the meat before I buy any. Plus for those I'll use my own money so I won't feel guilty about using Jules' card for the major shopping! *wink*

So, when the door bell rang just before 5pm yesterday, with bags of food arriving at my doorstep, it felt like Christmas!!!

There's something wrong with downloading pictures in blogspot at the moment. We (as in me and other blogspot users) are hassling the support team to fix it. Once it's fixed, I'll put up the picture of the shopping!! It really did feel like Christmas!

updated 4th June 22:56
I've kind of found a way to put photos up... hope this works!

So below was the home delivered grocery shopping!

Delivered Grocery

12 Comments:

Anonymous ayu said...

oits..padan muker..ngeh3
muakakakkaka(gelak jahat)

6/02/2006 01:23:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

ayu - padan muka apasal??

6/02/2006 01:29:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sbb die saket...huhuhu..ni ayu

6/02/2006 03:08:00 pm  
Blogger Raven said...

You added me as a friend! Yay!! Haha! Bugsy...have not thought about that in ages, I admit. I'll add you to my links as soon as I update my links in my blog. Maybe I'll get a whole new template while I'm at it.
I'm having holidays for a fortnight. It started last week. Will try to catch you online one day :D
Take care, luv!!

6/02/2006 04:38:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

ayu - ceh! tak guna!!

raven - you will always be bugsy to me! :-p

and lucky you!!! i need a long holiday... so yes, i'm jealous!

6/03/2006 09:40:00 am  
Anonymous ayu said...

kakti..mk suoh bgtau tina now ni dah kuros sgt
kaki mcm chopsticks je
b4 ni tak nampak coz bulu die tebal
td mak mandikan,mcm a walking skeleton cat jerrr

6/03/2006 12:09:00 pm  
Anonymous s_d said...

YATI SMELLS!!!

*ducks* dont hurt me ayu :(

:D

i'll be nice :P

6/03/2006 05:24:00 pm  
Anonymous ayu said...

hehe..im bot goin to hurt you
coz
im on your sideeeee
weeeeeeeee~~~~~
:P
two against one..ehehhehe

6/04/2006 11:46:00 am  
Anonymous ayu said...

it's not**, not bot anyway:)

6/04/2006 11:48:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

ayu - you bot!! don't you dare side with s_d!! you don't know what you're doing!! trust me... don't even associate yourself with him!! for your sanity's sake!!

s_d - that's it! you're off my muffin list!

6/04/2006 12:25:00 pm  
Anonymous ayu said...

hahahaaahaha...hey how come u tak balas my comment kat myspace???

6/05/2006 11:49:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

ayu - OK kejap lagi kak ati pegi letak comment kat ayu punya myspace. dah baca comment kak ati kat blog ayu? tak balas pun :-p

6/05/2006 11:57:00 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home