Thursday, June 15, 2006

England vs. Trinidad AND Tobago

I didn't go to work today due to illness. I hope that my managers didn't think that I'm skiving to watch the England match. I have made it known to everybody at work, and everywhere else for that matters, that I'm supporting Togo. It was a sad sad day for me when Togo lost their opening match...

But I was lying on the sofa in front on the TV with the England match on ITV. I think 24 minutes into the match I fell asleep. That's how exciting the match was to me! Again I thought they are playing like one of their friendly matches. BORING!

I didn't even realise that they substituted Owen for Rooney... BOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I woke up probably 20 minutes of the match to go. Had to force myself to stay awake!!

Part of me was thinking 'Well done Trinidad and Tobago' for holding England to 0-0 this long. Then suddenly Crouch scored! Dammit! Where was his robotic dance? How boring was that??! Dance Crouch!!! Dance!

Then Gerrard scored a beautiful goal!! Yes!! He's the man!

I'm still supporting Togo... but I also know that if and when England leaves the World Cup, there goes the World Cup anticipation and atmosphere here in London and of course the whole of England. Everyone will lose interest in the World Cup. Everyone will stop talking about it, as if the World Cup has ended... prematurely. The only reason I want England to stay on is so that the World Cup atmosphere will stay on... until the end.

5 Comments:

Anonymous S_D said...

england are gonna win the world cup...

we played 2 teams at once

trinidad AND tobago

and kicked their ayass

ps: togo smell :P

6/16/2006 11:47:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

i guess mystic sam has spoken! should i put money on England? I DON'T THINK SO! :-p

6/16/2006 03:45:00 pm  
Anonymous ayu said...

ayu sokong england
sbb beckham,owen hensem
hehe

6/16/2006 04:16:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

ayu - pilih team macam tu ke? *larf* kak ati rasa kaki steven gerrard paling lawa! *larf*

6/17/2006 09:44:00 am  
Blogger aycookie said...

testing testing:))

6/18/2006 01:44:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home