Thursday, May 18, 2006

Would Winnie Be Proud of Me?

Yesterday was Tiny's birthday! Are you eligible to a free bus pass and a subsidised zimmerframe from the NHS yet? Anyway, I bought him the best present ever! And he loved it!! How did I know. Well... right after I took the picture of him and his present, he ran off with it to the basement to hide it from Kaz! Sorry girl, you're not getting his... yup as in the photo... melon!

It was Tiny's birthday and I baked a cake... but not for Tiny. It was for Jules. Since I started baking cakes, Jules has been upset with me. He said I'm cooking for everyone else now but him and where's his pie! It made me feel like I was ignoring him! And I think in my baking enthusiasm, I did in a way ignore him...

We had a chat Tuesday evening... and he mentioned (again) that his favourite cake is Cherry Madiera Cake. He told me that when he was a kid, there was this woman called Winnie who baked Cherry Madeira Cake for him every time she found out that he was on his way home for school holidays (Jules' was in boarding school). Winnie never forgets to bake him a Cherry Madiera Cake. Winnie, I hope I've done you proud.
And Jules... I am sorry that I didn't bake your cake first.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Nina said...

Yati, you are such a good baker.

I am soooooo humbled by your goodies.

Are you now going to open a little baking company to sell your yummy goodies?

5/19/2006 08:22:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

nina - i don't think my cakes are as yummy as the cakes you get in continental europe! so i think i'll just keep my cakes for my friends for now... even though they told me the same as you!
for all i know, they've been selling off the muffins i gave them and just want more supply! oi! i want at least half of the proceeds!

5/19/2006 10:10:00 am  
Anonymous ayu said...

angos ke tu..ehhehe...eh,myb u inherited mom's talent lar..dah tere baking dah kakak saye ni!

5/21/2006 05:41:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

ayu - hangus sikit jer :-P tapi masih sedap! and you are right.. i must have inherited it from somewhere, and i'm glad it's from mom!

5/22/2006 09:17:00 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home