Sunday, May 28, 2006

There's No Meat In Muffins

I bought bananas yesterday. I haven't eaten bananas for a really long time. I keep reading or being told about how good banana is for me and how it fills up the tummy. So I had one and... YUCK!!! It taste nothing like the pisang emas (golden bananas) in Malaysia. Actually it taste horrible! I really don't understand those people who buys green bananas! I chose the yellowest of the bunch and it still taste raw to me! YUCK YUCK YUCKITY YUCK!!!

Woke up this morning and saw the bunch of bananas sitting on the kitchen top. What am I to do with you? I asked myself. That's when I remembered that Nina made banana and strawberry muffins. So I went onto Joy of Baking website and looked for banana muffins recipe. And there was the recipe and it looks easy enough. The only thing that I don't have is white chocolate but I guess I could change it to dark chocolate. I mean cooking and baking is about experimenting.

It would be nice to have hot muffins with coffee for breakfast! So I thought. Jules came into the kitchen when I almost finished with my mixing and asked me what I was up to. When I told him I was making muffins for breakfast, he said "There's not meat in muffins!!" and I guess I know what that means! So when this came out of the oven...

I made this, sausages, scrambled eggs and macaroni cheese, for Jules...

and look at how happy he is!I guess all the muffins are mine!!! Love it!

5 Comments:

Anonymous seb said...

Aw look at him,

He look so happy with his Heinz toy.
How old is he now?
It feel like you've had him for years...

5/28/2006 02:42:00 pm  
Anonymous ayu said...

jules nampak lebey kacak!baru lepas mandi kot.tu lah rambut nampak blonde sket

5/28/2006 02:48:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

seb - :-p

ayu - mandi??!! bangun terus mintak makan... lepas dapat makan baru boleh suruh mandi!! penat kak ati! macam jaga budak kadang-kadang! *larf*

5/28/2006 07:36:00 pm  
Blogger Ms J said...

yati, after a ten year hiatus - i now realiseed, having read your blog, that you have becomed a domestic goddess! woowwwweee..that's whatl ove can do to one! i sure hope i can make fluffy muffins like yours!

5/29/2006 12:25:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

inconditus - you know i've always been a goddess one way or another... domesticated? i'm sure Jules would disagree!!

as for fluffy muffins... just follow the recipe... it's so easy you won't believe it!

hugs!!

5/29/2006 10:07:00 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home