Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Succumbed I Did!

After resisting for so long, yesterday, I finally succumbed to having a space in myspace.com.

I really do not see the point of having a space there. My friends all know my blog address. If they want to contact me or leave any comment and tell me how much they adore me, they can do it here!

Here is where I am and here is where I've been happy writing my nonsense down for the last... errrr... 3 weeks!

It's only been 3 weeks??!!! It has felt like forever!!! Mind you... I have been writing things down the old fashion way of pen and paper or drawing my feelings on anything that I find. Not that my drawings are any good! And most of the time it's on post-it notes at work or a piece of tissue, so I keep throwing them away!!

Just imagine if I ever become a famous artist (in my little head I've become a famous artist a million times if not more!) those scraps of paper and tissues that I threw away would be worth a lot of money!! But then... I'd probably be dead as that's when the art work usually get sought after!

OK... so the Brit Art brats like Damien Hirst and Tracey Emins are still well and alive and earning loads for what they call art... But to me... even though I appreciate what they are trying to achieve, I'm the traditional artist... a painter with her tube of paints, brush and canvas.

I think it is time for me to appreciate my work and actually finish most of the paintings that I've started, take their photos and display them here. I should really be proud of them... the way that I'm proud of my copy of Lisa Simpson Scream. I know that my painting will never going to be good enough to be next to a Mattisse or a Rothko... but it's good enough to be on my wall!

I will start taking photos of my finished art work now that I have a shiny new Sony digital camera courtesy of Jules, even though I wanted the Pentax camera where you could take it down to 1.5 meters of water... and thanks to Jules, everybody in PC World in Colliers Wood now knows that I can't swim! Let me tell you this... I can swim!! Only I need my snorkelling and scuba diving gear! BUT I CAN SWIM!

So... back to what I wanted to talk about.

If I could do everything here, why would I want a space in myspace? As I said on my blurb on myspace, the only reason I did that is so I could leave comments on my sister's blog as I have to be a member and approved by my sister. What are you waiting for sister??!! Add me as your friend so I could bombard you with more useless information!

Oh... if you are a Martian and you have myspace, please add me as your friend! *grin* So far I've only got Martian imposters and that includes Seb!

update at 13:50hours:
I just received a message from my sister saying that she can't seem to be able to add me on myspace! I've been trying to add her since last night and couldn't! My conclusion... myspace is gay! (again... I stress I have nothing against gays as some of my good friends are gay... and that includes Seb!)

update at 14:29hours:
At last!!! After so many attempts... trying to find different routes and ways... my sister and I managed to add each other on myspace!! I'll be happily commenting on her blog from now on!!

Hope the Martians won't have any problems adding me...

OK... back to work! HUMPF!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Seb the gay martian said...

You've blown my cover...

5/30/2006 02:01:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

seb - you're as gay as can be (although he does try to convince me otherwise by oggling at girls) and out of this world... but you're no way from Mars... Venus maybe? :-p

5/30/2006 02:14:00 pm  
Anonymous ayu said...

ahhahaha...ayu ase friendster lagi gay dr myspace!!!fs lembab gella tau..hohoho..sume lah gay kecuali your blog n mine..hahaha

5/30/2006 02:43:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

ayu - memanglah kita berdua paling bagus ;-) yang kak ati tak tahan myspace to banyak sangat iklan!! pop up sana sini! pening kepala!

5/30/2006 02:54:00 pm  
Anonymous dave of superness said...

yati u disappoint me...last night i was ripping the piss out of lou for having myspace

so in your face, its not a bad idea...just time consuming/bent

feel free to throw rocks at me if you think otherwise

:D

5/31/2006 01:15:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

s_d - i disappoint you??!! i disappoint myself!!! the only time i go there is when i know someone left me a message and to check my sister's blog. and although i agree with you, i will still take up your offer on throwing rocks at you!! cause it would be fun :-p

5/31/2006 02:44:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home