Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Operation 'Happy Birthday Action Man'

Today I'm paying tribute to the best action figure in the world! ACTION MAN!! I left a post on global6.net about Action Man and I consider them important enough to be up on my blog.

I never really owned an Action Man. I never really owned a Barbie Doll either. I don't know why but mom never bought me a Barbie Doll. I had teddy bears and raggedy Annes and all other dolls but not Barbie Doll. I don't mind it really. I didn't really like the blonde bimbo.

So I spent my time at my neighbours place playing with his Action Man figures. They performed death defying stunts that no Barbie Doll would able to do! We went to battles with Romans and invaded Mars. Action Man let our imagination go wild and I bet if we wrote any of our adventures down and sell them to Hollywood, Action Man would be a blockbuster star by now.

But that's not what Action Man is about. They are not here for the fame. When I was playing with them, they were there to serve me and my country. And that they did.

I have to stress that they should not be confused with the American GI Joe even though Action Man were based on them. Action Man has gained recognition and respect on their own right and merit. Action Man is all British.

The first Action Man was born today in 1966. Making him a ripe 40 years of age! I salute you!

10 Comments:

Anonymous S_D said...

Action man...possible the fruitiest toy ever....

i mean...they promote the idea that little boys...playing with...and dressing/undressing is fun?

and they say MJ has issues...

happy birthday action man...you paedo!!

somewhat cruder than the g6 post...you love it though....dont ya? :P

i hope u can delete this if i offend someone lol

5/16/2006 07:22:00 pm  
Anonymous S_D < the illiterate turd said...

dressing/undressing men*...tut @ me

5/16/2006 07:23:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

sam - you love dressing/undressing men? *shock* i knew it!!!
i ain't deleting nothing. be as crude as you want to... just don't start talking about your favourite subject ok?!

5/16/2006 07:40:00 pm  
Anonymous S_D said...

ahh my favourite subject...so much to say...so much to tell

this topic will not be bought up....yet ;)

i didnt really sit there exposing my action man's bump all day

i did cool stuff with mine...seems funny writing it now (bit sad too...dont laugh!!) fighting ummm...all the fun a kid can possibly have with 2 plastic dolls

i still cant get over the "bump" they had....why not just paint a pair of y-fronts on them?

5/17/2006 12:13:00 am  
Anonymous ayuss said...

action man is much cuter than any barbie anyway.he's cuter than ken by the way:)

5/17/2006 01:27:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

S_D - that is such a good idea. why don't you write to the people who makes them and suggest that? you might make millions! and as your partner in crime, i get half! ;)

ayuss - and this coming from the girl who has a passion for barbie doll when she was a little girl? do you still have your barbie? :-p

5/17/2006 07:06:00 am  
Anonymous lyndt said...

ah..wish i had one before but truth be told only a teddy which btw, i kept till it lost all it limbs and stuffing *grin*

5/17/2006 08:09:00 am  
Anonymous ayu said...

yup.i still have one.in my gerobok.tersimpan rapi.eheheh

5/17/2006 09:05:00 am  
Anonymous Julesd said...

My brother used to have a talking eagle eyes action man... often heard muttering mad phrases such as :-

BLOW THE BRIDGE
VOLUNTEER NEEDED FOR A SPECIAL MISSION
and
MOTAR ATTACK DIG IN

(whatever that means!)

I'm pretty sure Action Man was the first toy I heard talk anyways!!!

Biggup yourself AM!!!

5/17/2006 09:48:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

lyndt - i wish i had one too.

ayu - berapa banyak Barbie ayu ada?

julesd - did you not have an AM?

5/18/2006 11:50:00 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home