Friday, May 26, 2006

I Haven't Read Enough

Jules is busy playing Xbox online with some mates. Ghost Recon. For the first time tonight I joined in for a game... and gave up after half hour because they kept shooting me!! I'm not going to learn the game if everytime I get into the game someone is stood behind me with his gun pointed at my head! I thought the purpose of the game was to shoot the enemies...

Nevermind... I decided to pick up a book instead. When I was in Malaysia last November my brother lent me some of his books and I haven't read one of them which is All She Was Worth by Miyuki Miyabe.

I just opened the book when I thought about my sister. On her site under favourite books she said that she agrees with a friend of hers who said that those who says that they have a favourite book they haven't read enough...

I've been reading books ever since I could remember... and following her friend's philosophy, I haven't read enough as I put Fup and Kafka on the Shores as my favourite books under my profile.

In my 34 years of life, I have 2 books I hold close to my heart. Does that mean I haven't read enough?

Those 2 books... the fact that I love them so much is because the characters in the books touched my heart. Fup, Grandaddy Jake, Tiny (Fup) and Nakata (Kafka on the Shores) touched my heart tremendously. Their simplicity, their craziness, their kindness gives me hope in humanity. No matter how crazy life is within and around them, they deal with it in their own crazy, thoughtful and determined pace. Basically, each and every character is different yet the same... and I feel connected to them. Maybe reading them makes me feel it's OK to be the way that I am.

If in my 34 years I have 2 favourite books and I haven't read enough, I feel blessed because there are many more books for me to read and maybe... just maybe I'll be lucky enough to find book number 3.

2 Comments:

Anonymous ayu said...

ya..and then find your no4,no5,no6,no7,no8..hehehe

5/28/2006 12:14:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

ayu - is that a dare? :-p

5/28/2006 07:40:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home