Sunday, May 14, 2006

Fup

I'm drinking from my new mug! I saw it when I went to Sainsbury's in Colliers Wood and just had to have it! It's just too cute! It's sure to put a smile on my face every morning when I have my first cup of coffee of the day! Not a bad way to start the day... at least I'll be smiling on my way to work. Come to think of it maybe I should get one for work too! But I have my penguin at work to cheer me up!

The mug reminded me of Fup. And sometime last week in chat on global6.net, someone started talking about books and since the mug was next to me, I had to ask whether anyone has ever read Fup. Of course everybody went all confused. I love that book! And the way that I explained it to everyone is that it's a book about a duck. A fat duck. A fat duck who likes beer.

OK.. It's not just about Fup the duck. There's Grandaddy Jake and his grandson Tiny (who is not tiny but HUGE). Tiny loves building fences and one day, while building fences, he found a baby duck. He brought it home and Grandaddy Jake named her Fup.

Apart from liking beer, Fup helps Tiny building the fences and if I'm not mistaken she hunts with Tiny over the weekends. I think I will need to read it again. It was about 8 or 9 years ago when I read it.

But I do remember loving it as it is just a wonderful book which made me laugh and very touching... especially when Grandaddy Jake tried to teach Fup to fly. It's one of those books that stays in my heart. Buy it, borrow it, steal it (though I don't condone the stealing bit)... and read it!

4 Comments:

Anonymous ayuss said...

mom says u have too many things already.dun buy anything more(mak ckp).neway,cute duck!cute mug!heheh..hey,u gotta teach me how to paint!i wanna paint my own the simpsons too!

5/15/2006 04:02:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

ayu - you really don't have to tell mom about the stuff that i buy! and you are more talented and creative than me... if you can draw you can paint!

5/15/2006 05:23:00 pm  
Anonymous seb said...

I was wondering about this Fup Ducky so I had a look.
It looks like a good read.
Let's go duck hunting...
http://www.cool-reads.co.uk/review.asp?ID=1493

5/16/2006 11:08:00 am  
Blogger yati said...

noooooooooooo!!!! don't hunt Fup down!!

5/16/2006 11:27:00 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home