Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Beware of Monster

These past few days has been horrible! My hormones have gone crazier than me, that is not funny! There's always talk about PMT and I've never really taken notice of it. I know that I do get mood swings but this time it's bad!

Bless Jules. He's been very patient with me. I pick arguments with him for no reason at all and all he does is to tell me to go away instead of really telling me what he thinks... that I'm being a nasty bitch. And I am nasty! I try to control it and even tell myself that when I feel things are getting out of control but the more I do that, the more this little monster in me throws a tantrum and all of a sudden I become unreasonable! Seriously, do not even try to reason with me at the moment because I'm right and you're wrong... even though I know that SOMETIMES it's the other way round.

I think it's time to call the doctor and make an appointment before things get worse.

Worse still, I'm losing a friend. I guess the saying is true that you can't really be friends with your workmates. We tried but it's just not happening. I guess I'll just have to say goodbye to us being friends and hello to us being colleagues. It was fun but due to the situation that we are on now, we can't have the same fun anymore. We are not in the same level anymore, are we? You're one step up from me. I didn't like it when we were told about this. Not that I wasn't happy for you. It's just that I knew it would be hard for us to maintain the way we are with each other. I knew it will never be the same again. And sure enough, I find that keep check of myself when I'm in front of you and when we go out for drinks... and that's not how friends are. I'm going to miss you... and who knows... maybe one day we can be friends again.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know wat you mean!ayu pon jadik gella now and then..hmmmmm

5/23/2006 12:07:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

eh... ni ayu tulis ke?

memang kepala tengah tak betul! kesian si Jules. apa-apa dia buat semua salah!

besok kak ati pegi jumpa doktor.

i'll call you soon ok.

xxxxxxx

5/23/2006 12:41:00 pm  
Anonymous Seb said...

I've been in the same situation when I got promoted in my old job.
All my workmate suddenly became my subordinates.
It's not easy for you and it's not easy for her either.
The worse thing is that, yes, you are right, you can't be friends on the same level. All you can do is make the best of it.

Making new friends doesn't mean leaving the old ones though. You might want to give it a shot.

5/23/2006 04:57:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

seb - my gosh *shock* for once you say something that make sense. very unlike you :-p

i am making the best of situation. she knows about this. we talked about it... and this is how it has to be. i do feel sad about it. i'm not leaving her... we are not at logger heads... we are just civil.

5/23/2006 08:44:00 pm  
Anonymous Nina said...

Oh dear Yati, poor you (and Jules - but I think he would be OK as men have special mechanism to cope with hormonal women)...

Yeah, may be you should go to the see the doctor (if it is so extreme). I know some women can become violent (also verbally) and aggressive during menses. There is a disorder known for it (which is for an extreme PMT) but I don't remember it.

Try to drink more water and take evening primrose oil which I heard can help. Don't know if it will work...

Anyhow, with your friend...Look at it liek the dynamics of ife. Sometimes change is important in order to make some space for new events to happen to you. You may be focussing on her promotion rather than looking at it as another opportunity for you to befriend a superior which has its benefits too:-) *wink wink*

I know life sucks at times. But we'll survive it.

Kisses,
Nina

5/24/2006 03:45:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

nina - i dah pergi jumpa doctor dah :) hopefully it's all sorted out.

pasal kawan i, bukan saya lah... dia yang focus pada dia punya promosi. ramai tak faham kenapa dia dapat jawatan tu bukan i yang dapat. i tak kisah sebab dia kawan i tapi sekarang, for the last 5 months, dia mandor i. i'm ok really. i selamba je as usual :)

hugs!

5/24/2006 06:14:00 pm  
Anonymous Julesd (8-10 GMT every wednesday with UKG and breaks on www.global6.net said...

Yo yo yo...

Nina is right... men do have a way of dealing. It's called "Denial". We learnt it from women who consistantly tell us they do not turn into mentalists once a month.

To be fair, it doesn't bother me. It's the women with reverse PMT that do my head in. Mad arse nutters for 3/4 of the month and 'normal' for a week. They are the ones you have to watch out for.

I would like to point out that the football team I support lost a £40million pound promotion game on sunday which gave me a 3 day hangover and I have still tried to stay happy this week. This has meant that I have had to 100% ignore negatativity for fear of reacting. I could have so easily turned into a jibbering jellyfish on point of conflict.

Funny how you have seen my weakness as a strength.

This just goes to prove things are not just black and white or right or wrong.

I think the fact that you can discuss your friendship with your friend openly with her is a true sign of respect, consideration and honesty. These 3 things are the amongst the most important attributes any friendship can have, so you should be grateful that you care about each other enough to talk about it.

However, you should both realise that this is just another step in how good friends make even better friends, by being able to work with each other and realising that when the tea time claxon goes on a friday your still mates that can have a good laff.

Cheer up and stop looking for bigger problems than there are.

J.x

5/26/2006 05:40:00 pm  
Blogger yati said...

hugs baby... you're like my scuba diving gear... without it and you, i'll drown!

5/27/2006 01:42:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home